Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Baby


Large crowds tend to give me the runs so you can imagine why I've avoided play groups. However, I don't want Levi to be socially inept so today I brought him to a local community centre. I'm so glad I did because my little guy left me in awe of who he is. Watching him explore new territory in the company of other babies was amazing. I'm not sure I can find the words to describe what it felt like to see the wonder in his eyes as he pulled toy after toy from the shelves, leaving an ankle-breaking trail behind him. I love how Levi babbled away as he played, lost in his own little world. He seemed so much like his own person I felt momentarily displaced as a mommy, but then Levi would suddenly stop what he was doing and check to see that I was near by. He'd give me a little smile and keep on trucking. Levi's too precious to share all at once, but his eyes are enough to melt my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment