Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Faux Fashion: Granny Shorts

Photo from here.

My husband finds my fashion choices puzzling at times and with good reason. Why would I want to wear shorts that give me a saggy bottom and are circa my-mom-wore-them-in-the-80s? I saw these floral print shorts on the rack and I had an inkling that they were so ugly they might be cool. I tried them on and decided, yes, they were a fashion risk I was willing to take. The reason mom's sported these shorts at one time is the pleated front serves to conceal a camel bump. The saggy bottom is awesome because it leaves room for the question, maybe she has a tight butt hidden under there? 

I wasn't sure how to style my granny shorts but then I came across the picture of this cool, young chica above and followed her lead. I also showed my hubby the photo to reassure him that I wasn't a complete fashion rogue. He felt better knowing that socks with sandals are okay.

A little shortening of the hem might be necessary...



3 comments:

  1. Rock those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Article is good.Interesting article about lifestyle bloggers.
    Lifestyle
    It's Call Good Manners,
    The Right Persong for Children,
    Know Thy Role,
    Bandaging the Boo Boos,
    You Are Never Too Old,
    Do you love customer service?
    Kiss your way to an Inexpensive Wedding,


    lifestyles for more information


    Thanks

    ReplyDelete