Thursday, October 14, 2010

India Stole My Heart

Ben leaves for India tomorrow for three weeks! This date has been looming on the horizon for a long time. I've gone through various emotions from blatant jealousy to extreme joy at the opportunity he has to experience such an amazing culture. I went to India when I was 16 so it softens the blow at being left behind a little bit.

I feel it is my responsibility to take care of Levi and I've come to a place of peace with God that this is a difficult, but exciting season in our lives. Ben gets to go to India and help build a basketball court for a children's school/home. I imagine the joy and excitement the children will have playing on the court and I picture Levi one day joining in on the fun and games. The separation is worth the fruit this trip will produce.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from my trip to India. They were lost over time and taken before digital cameras. My memories are blurry but full of exotic colour, smells and tastes. I bought a beautiful sari when I was there and I remember the amazing clothes the people wore, rich or poor. I dug up some photos of Indian street style on the web. Unfortunately there is surprisingly little, but I thought these ones by The Sartorialist were a decent representation.

*All photos by The Sartorialist via thefashionspot.com





3 comments:

  1. I love you! I love your blog! I love this post! We will take good care of you while he is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle - I will be sure to take a zillion photos for you to re-capture those memories for you...It is pretty unreal that we are leaving tomorrow...I know that you will have amazing support during the time Ben is away! xo

    ReplyDelete