Friday, October 8, 2010

It's a Fantasy World

One of my favorite blogs for finding artwork is The Clothes Horse. Recently this blog featured illustrations from the Gazette du Bon Ton, by Pierre Brissaud. The Gazette was a fashion magazine published between 1912 and 1925. When I look at these illustrations I imagine the story behind them. 

The women are mothers. However, not the kind of mothers who wear yoga pants all day (or worse pajama bottoms). These women are beautifully dressed and care about appearances. Their fashion sense continues from day to night. While the children are in bed the parents go out to play in their finest garments.

I know it is a fantasy world but it still inspires me to treat getting dressed like an art form. It also challenges me to consider the importance of having some form of social life, that does not revolve around children. While it is something to achieve, now I am happy if I make it to lunch without getting food on my clothes.







No comments:

Post a Comment