Thursday, September 1, 2011

With Ease

 I love these sandals. I was on a thrifting hunt and sat down next to the shoe section to go through the items I had collected, discarding some as I went. I glanced to my right and there were these lovely sandals.  As always it was the quality of the sandal that first caught my eye. I could tell that they were made with a fine leather and the sole was in great condition. The heel is just what I've been looking for in a shoe: tall, but chunky so I can actually walk in them. The made in Italy label sold me. I didn't recognize the brand but I looked it up when I got home and Alberto Fermani makes some fine shoes! Brand new they retail at about $400.00 Canadian! I paid $6.00 for a pair in mint condition. 

I realize from these pictures it looks like my toes don't fit properly. They do, it's that my feet are swollen like balloons. As you can see my toe nails are not painted because I can't really reach them over my belly. I tried with red nail polish. It ended up looking like I had stubbed my toes, resulting in massive blood shed. Not a pretty sight. 

Needless to say I can't wait until I can wear these pretties with comfort and ease. I have three and a half weeks of pregnancy left! That means my hospital bag needs to be packed and in a few days little Jethro will be considered a full-term babe!

1 comment: