Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Healthy Pancakes

Here's the super duper healthy pancake recipe I said I would post last week and then didn't. The recipe is adapted from The Thrive Diet. I have to be honest, the original recipe tastes a little too healthy so I sweetened things up a little.


Pancakes:
2 bananas
2 dates
2 Tbl Agave nectar
1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened if you like)
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup sprouted or cooked quinoa
1/4 cup roasted carob powder
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup hemp flour
Sea salt

Berry Syrup:
Blend up mixed berries in a blender and then heat up on stove top.

In a food processor, process all ingredients until smooth. Oil a pan with a bit of coconut oil and heat over medium heat. Pour in pancake batter to desired size and cook for five minutes or until bubbles appear. Sprinkle the top of the pancakes with confectioner's sugar and cover with berry syrup.

2 comments:

  1. cute bags

    delicatelyfierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so delicious. I made these pancakes last evening for the tea time. I also added some roasted nuts to make it crispy.

    ReplyDelete