Saturday, December 3, 2011

Getting Through It

The boys and I were at my in-laws for the night to give Ben some extra rest and it sounds like he slept great. I on the other hand, have been awake since 3 AM. As my mother-in-law said, "you just have to get through it." The great proverbial "it" being having young kids who are up at all hours and as a result living life through a blurry haze of sleep deprivation.

But you know what? I'm still having fun. Rather than curling up in the fetal position and crying I'm trying to enjoy life. Just don't expect me to be coherent. I get dressed just for the sake of taking pictures in front of pretty lights for this blog. I hope if you're a new mom it will make you smile to know that you're not alone in your exhaustion. And that it feels really good to be goofy and laugh and for the love of all that's decent, it feels amazing to wear clothes other than pajamas. Even for a few minutes : )


It's a bird, It's a plane...It's my mommy!

1 comment: