Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Exhaustion

I'm going through a rough season. Jethro is coming up to 6 months and I've never had more than a three hour stretch of sleep. Some days I don't think about the sleep deprivation and we motor along but other days, like today, I feel the exhaustion to my core. My back aches, my eyes burn and I've done a whole lot of emotional eating (sugar, sugar, sugar). So I feel like crap. Crap. Crap. I need to pull up my socks and keep trucking but Father, Son, Holy Spirit! This is hard (You know if I named the whole Trinity it's a serious lament). Which leads me to our latest half-completed projected, a baby free place for me to sleep if needed. Our rental has a sun room that has served as junk drop until now. We realized we needed a third room to serve as a bedroom. Or at least a room with a bed. Thus the conversion began. We're almost done clearing it out and miraculously our queen size mattress will fit. Of course I can't just throw in a mattress and call it a room. I told Ben it had to be a lovely place of refuge. Poor Ben. My inspiration comes from the pictures below. I'm envisioning glossy white floor and ceiling, pure white walls and trim and a white duvet cover. Ben is going to shutter the windows because there is no insulation and some how I convinced him to do artistic cutouts to let light stream in. I don't know what kind of colour I would add but right now, all I want is a bright, fresh, clean feel. 

We don't know how long we will be in this unit before we hopefully move upstairs, but I can't live any where with out making it feel like home. We have free wood, hopefully we will find some free paint and the whole project can be done on a dime. 


*To find sources for images visit my Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. I'm such a sucker for queen beds and may I just say that so far, of all the pictures online that I have stumbled upon today, you've got the flair and taste that I so adore! I am copying that bedroom to my own, with your permission. Please? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete