Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fixation

I was at a birthday party on Sunday where the hostess served me organic ginger ale. The drink had such a delicious tang, without the sugary sweetness of pop. I was instantly fixated on the idea of making homemade ginger ale. As a result our kitchen has turned into a little brewery. I've been experimenting with variations of this recipe and I'm still not 100% satisfied with the results. Natural ginger ale requires just the right amount of sweetness and carbonation. 

Ginger has great health benefits. It's supposed to help with migraine headaches and gas. I've been plagued with migraines the last couple weeks and I'm hoping my little ginger concoction helps. As for gas, let's just say I can shake the very foundations of our house with what's been coming out of me. I need a quick cure to save my marriage (Just joking. Sort of).

 It cracks me up that Levi loves this drink. The concentration of ginger gives it a real kick yet he still gulps it down. The other day the kid was eating raw onions. Strange or refined tastes, I'm not sure?

If anyone has attempted their own ginger ale recipe I'd love to hear it!

As I get less and less mobile with this pregnancy I'm having to find activities closer to the home for Levi and I. Sidewalk chalk is always a hit. FYI don't let your child use chalk on wood (like fences). It becomes semi-permanent graffiti. 

Levi and I also make regular trips to the neighborhood park. Today his daddy's side of the family came for a visit and he flew his first kite. Levi was a wee bit excited.

This is his, "kite-flying is serious business" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment