Monday, October 22, 2012

Mommy Musings | Lesson Learned

Last night I watched a 12 minute YouTube video on a DIY boy's haircut. Using my expert knowledge I preceded to put Levi in a high chair, a towel around his neck, and with a blunt pair of scissors I began to cut his hair. About a 1/4 of the way through I realized I had no idea what I was doing. I then called for the buzzer and slowly started clipping away the job I had started. What was a bad hair cut turned into an under cut and the end result is hipster meets horrible hair dresser. But he's three, so he doesn't care, right? Also He's a handsome little guy and some how pulls it off. Naturally I decided to cut his hair right before his first set of passport photos.

The bangs aren't as crooked as they look. I swear.

Today we made up for yesterday's not-so-fun activity with a trip to Southlands Heritage Farm where one of our friend's works. She gave us a guided tour of the lands and I was reminded again that if I didn't live in the city, I'd be happy to live on a farm. Southlands Farm is within Vancouver city limits so it is possible to have the best of both worlds.  

Levi was very uncertain about feeding the horses. 


Jethro was curious about the animals until a horse bent down it's head to sniff him, knocking him off his feet. Oops. 


Levi was much happier feeding the goats. I'm guessing it had something to do with a height advantage.


If this face doesn't make you laugh....

I think Jet might have been trying to escape the whole time. What is this place?

2 comments:

  1. I really love all the photos in this post. Levi is TOTALLY pulling off that hipster haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEVI IS THE CUTEST KID. HE WINS. EVERYONE ELSE SIT DOWN.

    ReplyDelete