Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Only Cig I Like

Last night was the 2012 Costume Institute Gala (CIG) at the Met Museum in New York. Although I'm more inclined to browse personal style blogs for fanciful fashion the CIG is my favourite event for gahing over gorgeous gowns (Couldn't resist the alliteration). I narrowed it down to a few of my favourite looks.

Of all the dresses, this is the one I can envision wearing. Let me count the ways I love thee: long sleeves, floor length hem, cinched waist, subtly sexy collar, burnt orange, vintage feel, RODARTE.
Kirsten Dunst 


The cut on this Prada dress goes from simple on top to Ms. Gertrude McFuzz on bottom.
  "But she knew to approach him would probably fail, because who'd notice a bird with a one feather tail?" - Suessical
Diane Krueger

Another Prada number that captures my adoration. If Zany and Classy were to have a baby, it would be this dress. 
Angela Lindvall

Confession time. I watched all the Olsen Twin tween movies (When I was not a tween) because even then I thought they were fashion mavericks. Fast forward 10 years, The Row is a clothing line by the duo where each season I eagerly await their latest collection. 
Mary-Kate Olsen 

To sum up what I look for in a fancy dress: long, mostly monochrome, classy but zany, subtly Suess.

*All photos via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment