Friday, February 24, 2012

Fashion Friday: Prudish but Pretty

When I layered this dress with the sweater on top, I remembered the dress was short but it wasn't until I took this photo that I realized it was more like a mini skirt.  I ordered the dress online and ignored the length measurements. Oops. If I feel like I've forgotten my pants, the look doesn't fly for me. When I added the jeans underneath I felt so much more... covered. I've decided on a new style motto,  prudish but pretty. 



I also noticed in the Fall 2012 ready-to-wear shows an abundance of pants layered under skirts and dresses so I guess I'm not too far off the mark. I'll have to feature some of my favorite runway looks next week. Maybe : )

2 comments:

  1. I lay jeans under skirts and dresses all the time! (I'm 21, but I still don't like to go around showing too much skin.) I would also like to add that I am in deep envy of your shoes! They're beautiful!

    http://lillatinafashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous as always, Michelle! I like that look for me too :) Doing it with a too short, but too cute to resist dress tonight!
    xo

    ReplyDelete