Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday


1. Date night with my hubby. We went to Gastown and I always find the lit up streets so romantic, even in the rain. We checked out the Poorhouse Pourhouse and talked each others ear off. A date with Ben reminds me that he is not only my partner in life but my best friend. 

2. Tuesday morning was rough after a sleepless night. I opened my back door and found a dear friend had left a bag of home made cookies, a colouring book for Levi and bird food for our feeder. What a lovely surprise. I was weepy all day because I felt so well taken care of. 

3. Levi has decided to potty train himself. He came racing into the kitchen this morning, said he wanted to go on the potty, whipped off his diaper and pajamas and did a pee pee and a poo on his potty. He then told me he was all done with diapers. Okay. 


4. Jethro is sleeping better. He is the sweetest, I can hardly stand it. The way he looks at his older brother with such adoring eyes is priceless and makes every sleepless night worth it. And he likes to cuddle. Okay, I'm getting weepy again. 

5. Parents. They travel in from Coquitlam to babysit. Even on week days they come rescue us so we can have our date nights or even simply rest while they entertain the boys. 

I am so thankful.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of gastown!! And Jethro is too cute!! I'm sad that he is sleeping during small group...i could go for a cuddle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We also went for a date night in Gastown and ended up at the Pourhouse! It has such a great, relaxed feel in that place, doesn't it. Your parents are keepers! Sweet deal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! I enjoyed reading each section! Love the photograph of the twinkly lights through the street.

    ReplyDelete