Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Loving

Today was a sunny, mellow, leave-the-house-dirty kind of day. As soon as there's a hint of warmth in the air I like to dress breezy and air out a bit.  The only major thing on our agenda was grocery shopping. A task I take upon myself because I hide out in the magazine section eating chocolate. This bag c/o Runway Culture is perfect for stashing diapers, wipes, wallet and even a change of clothes for the kidlets. The scarf is also c/o Runway Culture. I was experimenting with a head wrap but my hair is so fine the scarf slipped all over the place. As for shoes... Who needs them!? I love going barefoot in warmer weather. We spend so much time running in and out of the house or around the block visiting neighbours, it's convenient to go shoeless. 



Speaking of neighbours, ours are the best! Every year we have a block party. We barricade the street so the kids can run around safely, eat potluck style, have cherry pit spitting contests and this year, an impromptu sing-a-long. If I may challenge you with one thing this summer, it's get to know your neighbours! There's something beautiful about very different people coming together in friendship because of the proximity of our living spaces. 




I linked up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment