Thursday, March 10, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Rings

Oh what a day! My little man has a nasty cough that had me hovering over him all day. Literally. I sat in his room watching him nap to make sure he was breathing. The beauty of a baby is they're not freaked out to open their eyes and find some one staring at them. Levi was tickled pink to find me right next to his crib....probably wont feel the same way when he is a teenager. Once Levi was in bed for the night I grabbed The New Yorker and a bowl of cookie dough ice cream, hopped into the bath tub and recuperated. 

I wanted to do a quickie blog post tonight because I don't know what tomorrow holds. I have a growing collection of vintage rings which have been passed down to me from my grandma's or picked up at second-hand shops. 


My engagement ring on the far right belonged to my great grandmother. She and my great-grandfather were married for 60 + years and this ring was a 60th anniversary gift to her. To me this ring symbolizes the possibility of a long and happy marriage. Ben and I had the wedding band made to match.

The ring next to my wedding bands also belonged to my great-grandmother. My mom recently passed it down to me because she knows I love vintage anything. 

The rose ring was my paternal grandma's, given to me after she had passed away and just before my grandpa passed away. He bought it for her in Hawaii and the roses are carved from coral. The ring is special to me because my grandparents always wanted to have a big family trip to Hawaii. It didn't happen before they died but the ring is a reminder of family unity and happy times my grandparents shared together.

The ring on the far left is a $2.00 thrift store find. Unlike the other rings that are real gold, this ring is probably worth the price I paid. However, it is great costume jewelry and wraps nicely around my finger. 

I love to collect beautiful pieces and they're even more special when they come from loved ones with a history that is my own. If you've inherited any jewelry with a story behind it I'd love to hear it. E-mail me at elasticpantcity@gmail.com. Send me a picture and I'll post it on elasticpantcity.

No comments:

Post a Comment