Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dress-Up

As a little girl I loved dressing up paper dolls and when I was in elementary school I would sketch outfits for Betty and Veronica from the Archie comics behind my raised textbook. My creative side was effectively squashed in high school and university and I forgot about my love for design. I often say I wish I had known myself better when it came to making decisions about my path after high school, but really I should have just remembered what I was passionate about when I was 10. 

Making collages on the computer is my grown-up version of paper dolls. This vintage sea-foam, shift dress is going to be for sale in my online shop (coming soon!). I confess I'll be a little sad to say good-bye to it because it goes with pretty much every accessory and can easily be given a fresh, modern look. Since I'm going to have a breast-feeding, baby body for the foreseeable future, the dress and I will part ways (sniff, sniff, lucky for somebody!). 

From left to right: Anthropologie necklace and shoes; Anthropologie necklace, UO shoes

From Left to Right: Anthropologie necklace, Aldo shoes; Anthropologie necklace, Aldo shoes

P.S. Can you tell I'm excited Anthropologie is in Vancouver?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember the torture of not being able to wear dresses that didn't allow access to boobs during the breastfeeding months. Lovely dress tho, I'm sure someone will love it as much as you!
    AnnaXXX

    ReplyDelete